Understanding Environmental Guidelines for the WANJet 500 Platform
Before you install the WANJet 500 platform, review the following guidelines to make sure that you are installing and using the appliance in the appropriate environment.
General environmental guidelines
A WANJet 500 platform is an industrial network appliance, designed to be mounted in a standard 19-inch rack. To ensure safe installation and operation of the unit, adhere to these recommendations:
- Install the rack according to the manufacturer's instructions, and check the rack for stability before placing equipment in it.
- Build and position the rack so that after you install the WANJet 500, the power supply and the vents on both the front and back of the unit remain unobstructed. The WANJet 500 must have adequate ventilation around the unit at all times.
- Do not allow the air temperature in the room to exceed 40° C.
- Do not plug the unit into a branch circuit shared by more electronic equipment than the circuit is designed to manage safely at one time.
- This product is sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). We recommend that when you install or maintain the unit, you use proper ESD grounding procedures and equipment.