The FirePass Maintenance Console offers a variety of maintenance options for managing the FirePass controller, such as downloading a diagnostic dataset, repairing the FirePass database, and resetting a FirePass controller to its default settings.
To access the FirePass Maintenance Console, perform the one of the following procedures:
Accessing the Maintenance Console from the FirePass device
- Connect a workstation to the serial port of the FirePass controller using a null-modem cable.
Important: A null-modem cable is required for the serial connection. Other types of cables, such as crossover or rollover cables, will not work.
- Configure a terminal communications program, such as HyperTerminal or XTerm, using the following settings:
- Baud rate: 19200
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: none
- Stop bits: 1
- Flow control: hardware
- Start the serial connection.
- Continue to the Logging into the Maintenance Console procedure, or alternatively if you have access to the web Administrative Console.
Accessing the Maintenance Console from the web Administrative Console
- Navigate to Device Management : Maintenance : Troubleshooting Tools.
- Click on the Please click here to start a console session to the Maintenance Account option.
- Continue to the Logging into the Maintenance Console procedure.
Logging in to the Maintenance Console
- Type maintenance at the logon prompt
- Press Enter.
- If prompted for a password, enter the password you configured on the Device Management: Security: Console Access Security page in the Administrative Console.
Note: By default, no password is required for accessing the Maintenance Console.
A screen opens with conditions for using the Maintenance Console.
- Review the conditions and press Enter to continue.
A screen opens with maintenance options.