Before you perform an initial
BIG-IQ System software installation, or software upgrade, you
must perform the following tasks:
- Activate, or reactivate, your current license to ensure that you have a valid
service check date.
- Download the ISO file for the upgrade from F5 Downloads to
/shared/images on BIG-IQ System. If you need to create
this directory, use the exact name /shared/images.
- For upgrades only, create a backup of the user configuration set (UCS), locate
it in the /var/local/ucs directory on the source
installation location, and copy the UCS file to another system for safe
Use this procedure when you are ready to perform an initial BIG-IQ System software
installation or upgrade a to a more recent software version.
Log in to BIG-IQ System with your administrator user name and password.
At the top of the screen, click Configuration.
On the BIG-IQ Systems panel, expand Management Group or
HA Peer Group by clicking the arrow next to it.
Click the gear icon next to localhost, and then click
Click Software Update.
Click the Update button.
From the Software Image list, select the new image or
browse to the location to which you saved it.
From the Install Location list, select the volume to
which you want to install the image.
For the Options setting, select one:
- To automatically reboot the BIG-IQ System to the specified volume
immediately after the software is installed, select Reboot after
- To manually reboot the BIG-IQ System at another time from the Set Default Boot
Click the Apply button.
BIG-IQ System installs the selected software. For upgrades, BIG-IQ System also rolls
forward the UCS file.