The following diagram shows a basic deployment of two BIG-IP® VE instances in two separate zones.
Each zone is in a different physical location, which helps ensure that your application remains
available if one zone becomes unavailable.
In this deployment, the two BIG-IP VEs are synchronizing their configurations to one another;
they are not communicating for the purpose of failover.
This deployment has the following benefits:
- The two BIG-IP VEs are on different hardware,
because they are in separate zones, and as such, both servers should not be down at the same
- Changes on one BIG-IP VE are propagated to
the other, because config sync is enabled.
- Both BIG-IP VEs have Active status and are
available to process traffic.
- If one BIG-IP VE fails, the other BIG-IP VE
continues to process traffic, though packets on the failed system are lost.
- More traffic can be processed; if each BIG-IP
VE has 1 Gbps of throughput, then together they have 2 Gbps.